What data do we collect?
We collect personal data such as name, email address, contact information, and any other information provided voluntarily by you when using our website or services. We collect and use personal data to provide services, improve user experience, respond to enquiries, analyse site usage, and communicate with you regarding updates, promotions, or important notices. We ensure there is a legitimate legal basis, such as your consent or the necessity to fulfil a contract, for processing your personal data lawfully.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Enquire online or place an order for any of our products or services
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our courses via email or phone
- By booking a course
- Course review forms
- When you report a problem
- If you speak to us at one of our events or online courses
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Business partners/trainers
- Publicly available social media sites and websites. The information we obtain may include details about your organisation, your name and contact details and your specialist programme areas
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account
- Meet contractual obligations
- Provide support
- Email you with information on our services we think you might like
- Obtain feedback so that we can improve our services
- Respond to any complaints
- Allow our trainers to contact you to discuss particular aspects of course content/delivery
How do we store your data?
- We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of the data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
- We will retain client personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy
- We will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
We would like to send you information about our services that we think you might like.
- If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date
- You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to our trainer(s)
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact Lucy O’Connor at:
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we amend the information you believe is incomplete
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- This website uses Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use using cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated is used to create reports regarding the use of the website.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – The LTT uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – The LTT uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and IP address. The LTT sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
We do not share your personal data with third-party service providers. However, we do use a third-party platform to gather feedback from our clients. We may share your contact details with our course trainers to enable them to contact you to discuss course details, delivery dates and times, etc. We ensure that our trainers process your data securely and in accordance with applicable laws. We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
Contacts and concerns
The Legal Training Team